Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is an important aspect of the way that Dispense Pak Inc. conducts its business. Collecting, using, and disclosing personal information in an appropriate, responsible, and ethical manner is fundamental to Dispense Pak Inc.’s daily operations.
Dispense Pak Inc. strives to protect and respect the personal information of its customers, employees, business partners, etc. in accordance with all applicable regional and federal laws. Each staff member of Dispense Pak Inc. must abide by this organization’s procedures and practices when handling personal information.
Personal information is defined as any identifying information about an individual or group of individuals, including name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address, social insurance/security number, nationality, gender, health history, financial data, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, assets, debts, liabilities, payment records, credit records, loan records, opinions, and personal views.
Business information refers to: Dispense Pak Inc., business address, business telephone number, name(s) of owner(s), executive officer(s), and director(s), job titles, business registration numbers, and financial status. Business information is treated and handled with the same level of confidentiality, privacy, and respect as personal information.
Consent occurs and is obtained when an individual signs an application or other form containing personal information, thereby authorizing Dispense Pak Inc. to collect, use, and disclose the individual’s personal information for the purposes stated on the form or in the Appropriate Use section of this policy.
- Dispense Pak Inc. collects and uses personal information solely for the purpose of conducting business and developing an understanding of its customers. Dispense Pak Inc. hereby asserts that personal information will only be used for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you generally.
- Processing your orders.
- Protecting against fraud or error.
- Providing information requested by you.
- Improving our website
- To gain a better understanding of your requirements in order to provide you with better products and services.
- To comply with legal and governmental requirements.
- Dispense Pak Inc. assumes full accountability for the personal information within its possession and control. This organization has appointed Nancy Hompus as custodian of all privacy matters and legal compliance with privacy laws.
- Dispense Pak Inc. obtains personal information directly from the individual to whom the information belongs. Individuals are entitled to know how Dispense Pak Inc. uses personal information and this organization will limit the use of any personal information collected only to what is needed for those stated purposes. Dispense Pak Inc. will obtain individual consent if personal information is to be used for any other purpose. Dispense Pak Inc. will not use that information without the consent of the individual.
- Dispense Pak Inc. will retain personal information only for the duration it is needed for conducting business. Once personal information is no longer required, it will be destroyed in a safe and secure manner. However, certain laws may require that certain personal information be kept for a specified amount of time. Where this is the case, the law will supersede this policy.
- Dispense Pak Inc. vows to protect personal information with the appropriate security measures, physical safeguards, and electronic precautions. Dispense Pak Inc. maintains personal information through a combination of paper and electronic files. Where required by law or disaster recovery/business continuity policies, older records may be stored in a secure, offsite location.
- Access to personal information will be authorized only for the employees and other agents of Dispense Pak Inc. who require the information to perform their job duties, and to those otherwise authorized by law.
- Dispense Pak Inc.’s computer and network systems are secured by complex passwords. Only authorized individuals may access secure systems and databases.
- Routers and servers connected to the Internet are protected by a firewall, and are further protected by virus attacks or “snooping” by sufficient software solutions.
- Personal information is not transferred to volunteers, summer students, interns, or other non-paid staff by e-mail or any other electronic format.
Website Privacy Procedures
- Personally identifiable information about the individual that is collected from the website or through affiliate sites.
- Information about the organization collecting the data.
- How the data will be used.
- With whom the data may or may not be disclosed.
- The options available to the individual regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
- The information technology security procedures in place that protect against the destruction, loss, theft, alteration, or misuse of personal information under Dispense Pak Inc.’s possession and control.
- How an individual may access and correct any inaccuracies in his/her personal information.
- Dispense Pak Inc. does not collect personally identifiable information from any individual known to be under the age of thirteen (13).
- Dispense Pak Inc. may share compiled demographic information with its business partners and/or advertisers, but no personal information that can identify any individual person shall be disclosed.
- This website may contain links to other sites, but Dispense Pak Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices of other organizations’ sites.
- While IP addresses will be logged in order to administer the site, track visitor movement, and gather demographic information, these IP addresses will not be linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Any registration or order form asking site visitors to enter personal or financial information will be protected by SSL encryption.
- Site visitors are given the choice to opt out of having their personal information used at the point where the information is gathered.
- In most instances, Dispense Pak Inc. will grant individuals access to their personal information upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification. If an individual finds errors of fact with his/her personal information, the individual should notify Dispense Pak Inc. as soon as possible to make the appropriate corrections. Should Dispense Pak Inc. deny an individual’s request for access to his/her personal information, Dispense Pak Inc. will advise in writing of the reason for such a refusal. The individual may then challenge the decision.
- Dispense Pak Inc. may use personal information without the individual’s consent under particular circumstances. These situations include, but are not limited to:
- Dispense Pak Inc. is under obligation by law to disclose personal information in order to adhere to the requirements of an investigation of the contravention of a regional or federal law, under the purview of the appropriate authorities.
- An emergency exists that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security.
- The personal information is for in-house statistical study or research.
- The personal information is already publicly available.
- Disclosure is required to investigate a breach of contract.